Mael's Kitchen

Mael's Kitchen
Arroz con Pollo

Meal Calendar

  • Arroz con Pollo - 18 Jan
  • Chuletas Criollas - 19 Jan
  • Corn Bif - 20 Jan
  • Spaghetti & Meatballs & Eggplant - 25 Jan
  • Green Chile Chicken - 26 Jan
  • Pernil - 27 Jan
  • Meals must be ordered at least one day in advance. To reserve your meals, call 675-2894 or sent your request via email to: donmael@gmail.com

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Fiambrera Style Catering

Welcome and thank you for visiting our new site. This site is dedicated to eating good and doing it cheaply.  Times are financially difficult and everyone is feeling the pinch.  An old custom, used in many countries of using metal food carriers to provide meals ready to eat, prepared by one but share by many has come back on the scene.  The use of metal food containers (Fiambrera) is the main theme of this site.   Could you be able to buy one rib eye steak, cook and serve it with a bake potato, baked beans and a salad for as low as $3.50?  The answer of course is NO.  Fiambrera Club members can enjoy this price, because they share the cost and leave the preparations to Don Mael.   Fiambrera is also an alternative to expensive take-out and times when cooking is not possible.  Whether you use this service once or several times a week, this is a sure way to reduce hectic after work food preparation, save on take-out and enjoy some of the most amazing foods ever.  Contacts at 675-2894 or donmael@gmail.com  Buen Provecho!

2 comments:

  1. Don Mael approach me coming out of my HEB store, and sure enough, he caught me shopping after work to go home and cook for my family. He hand me a flyer promoting his private catering and I call him that evening and place my order. The next day, instead of going to HEB, I stopped by his place and my dinner for 3 was hot and ready to go. My kids and I loved it. Since then, I count myself fortunate to have my own private cook when I need one. Thanks - Betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. As one Don Mael's first clients I have to admit we are very fortunate that we were his test subjects. We have been enjoying his cooking for years if you count the Christmas's and the cooking ventures we had when we worked together. We always look forward to Thursdays to try out what's cooking in Don Mael’s kitchen. Our daughter Mykaela was in Maryland for three weeks and wanted a detailed description of what we were eating while she was gone. We truly miss it when we are out of town. The food is great and this is the best way to feed your family at very reasonable cost. We can’t wait until Thursday. Thank you Don Mael and we love you.

    Maria, Brian, Mykaela, and Ian

    ReplyDelete